1. Welcome to Linknetic1.1 Introduction: Linknetic, Inc. d/b/a Linknetic (“Linknetic,” “we,” “us,” “our”) provides its services (described below) to you through its website located at Linknetic.net (the “Site”) and through its mobile applications and related services (collectively, such services, including any new features and applications, and the Site, the “Service(s)”), subject to the following Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY, AS THEY GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES, PARTICULARLY SECTION 10 (BINDING ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER), WHICH AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE BETWEEN US.
1.2 Modifications to Terms of Service: We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of these Terms of Service at any time. If we do this, depending on the nature of the change, we will post the changes on this page and indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised and/or notify you, either through the Services' user interface, in an email notification or through other reasonable means and as required by applicable law. Any such changes will become effective no earlier than fourteen (14) days after they are posted, except that changes addressing new functions of the Services or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. Your continued use of the Service after the date any such changes become effective constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service. Also, when using certain Services, you will be subject to any additional terms applicable to such Services that may be posted on the Service from time to time.
2. Access and Use of the Service2.1 Use Description: The Linknetic service, and any content viewed through our service, is solely for your personal and non-commercial use. With your Linknetic purchase, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the Linknetic content and view your course(s) through the service on a streaming-only basis for that purpose. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title, or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances. Linknetic may revoke your subscription at any time in its sole discretion. Upon such revocation, you must promptly destroy all content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the service, as well as copies of such materials, whether made following these Terms of Service or otherwise.
2.3 Member Account, Password, and Security: You may never use another's account, and you may not provide another person with the username and password to access your account. You are fully responsible for any activities that occur under your password or account, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your password remains confidential and secure. You agree to (a) immediately notify Linknetic of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. Linknetic will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
2.4 Modifications to Service: Linknetic reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Linknetic will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service. We have no obligation to retain any of Your Account or Submitted Content for any period beyond what may be required by applicable law.
2.5 General Practices Regarding Use and Storage: You acknowledge that Linknetic may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum period that data or other content will be retained by the Service and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on Linknetic’s servers on your behalf. You agree that Linknetic has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any data or other content maintained or uploaded by the Service. You acknowledge that Linknetic reserves the right to terminate accounts that are inactive for an extended period. You further acknowledge that Linknetic reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
2.6 Mobile Services: The Service may include certain services that are available via a mobile device, including (i) the ability to upload content to the Service via a mobile device, (ii) the ability to browse the Service and the Site from a mobile device and (iii) the ability to access certain features through an application downloaded and installed on a mobile device (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply. Also, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. In using the Mobile Services, you may provide your telephone number. By providing your telephone number, you consent to receive calls and/or SMS, MMS, or text messages at that number. We may share your phone numbers with our affiliates or with our service providers (such as customer support, billing or collections companies, and text message service providers) who we have contracted with to assist us in pursuing our rights or providing our Services under these Terms of Service, our policies, applicable law, or any other agreement we may have with you. You agree these parties may also contact you using autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages, as authorized by us to carry out the purposes we have identified above, and not for their purposes. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your Linknetic account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number.
3. Conditions of Use3.1 User Conduct: You are solely responsible for all code, video, images, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, messages, or other materials (“content”) that you upload, post, publish or display (hereinafter, “upload”) or email or otherwise use via the Service. Linknetic reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Linknetic's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending content from the Service, suspending or terminating the account of such violators, and reporting you to the law enforcement authorities. You agree to not use the Service to:
- email or otherwise upload any content that (i) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party; (ii) you do not have a right to upload under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (iii) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (iv) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person; (v) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation; (vi) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; or (vii) in the sole judgment of Linknetic, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose Linknetic or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service by electronic or other means to send unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose that is not specifically authorized;
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities; or obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service.
3.2 Fees: To the extent the Service or any portion thereof is made available for any fee, you will be required to select a payment plan and provide Linknetic information regarding your credit card or other payment instruments. You represent and warrant to Linknetic that such information is true and that you are authorized to use the payment instrument. You will promptly update your account information with any changes (for example, a change in your billing address or credit card expiration date) that may occur. You agree to pay Linknetic the amount that is specified in the payment plan following the terms of such plan and this Terms of Service. You hereby authorize Linknetic to bill your payment instrument following the terms of the applicable payment plan until you terminate your account, and you further agree to pay any charges so incurred. If you dispute any charges you must let Linknetic know within sixty (60) days after the date that Linknetic charges you. We reserve the right to change Linknetic's prices.
Linknetic may change the price for Recurring Subscriptions from time to time and will communicate any price changes to you in advance and, if applicable, how to accept those changes. Price changes for Recurring Subscriptions will take effect at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the price change. As permitted by local law, you accept the new price by continuing to use your Recurring Subscription after the price change takes effect. If you do not agree with the price changes, you have the right to reject the change by canceling your Recurring Subscription before the price change goes into effect. Please therefore make sure you read any such notification of price changes carefully.
Payments are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. You may cancel a Recurring Subscription at any time, but if you cancel your subscription before the end of the current subscription period, we will not refund any subscription fees already paid to us. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your current subscription period. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our users ("credits"). The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide credits in the future, under any circumstance.
If you subscribed to our website, you can cancel by contacting Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to Settings in your account, selecting Cancel under the Subscription box, and then following the onscreen instructions to continue and cancel the subscription.
3.3 Commercial Use: Unless otherwise expressly authorized herein or by Linknetic in writing, you agree not to display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer or upload for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
4. Intellectual Property Rights4.1 Service Content, Software, and Trademarks: You acknowledge and agree that the Service may contain content or features (“Service Content”) that are protected by copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Linknetic, you agree not to modify, copy, frame, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Service Content, in whole or in part, except that the foregoing does not apply to your User Content (as defined below) that you legally upload to the Service. In connection with your use of the Service, you will not engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping, or similar data gathering or extraction methods. If you are blocked by Linknetic from accessing the Service (including blocking your IP address), you agree not to implement any measures to circumvent such blocking (e.g., by masking your IP address or using a proxy IP address). Any use of the Service or the Service Content other than as specifically authorized herein is strictly prohibited. The technology and software underlying the Service or distributed in connection therewith are the property of Linknetic, our affiliates, and our partners (the “Software”). You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Linknetic.
The Linknetic name and logos are trademarks and service marks of Linknetic (collectively the “Linknetic Trademarks”). Other Linknetic, product, and service names and logos used and displayed via the Service may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners who may or may not endorse or be affiliated with or connected to Linknetic. Nothing in this Terms of Service or the Service should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of Linknetic Trademarks displayed on the Service, without our prior written permission in each instance. All goodwill generated from the use of Linknetic Trademarks will inure to our exclusive benefit.
4.2 Third-Party Material: Under no circumstances will Linknetic be liable in any way for any content or materials of any third parties (including users), including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any such content. You acknowledge that Linknetic does not pre-screen content, but that Linknetic and its designees will have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Linknetic and its designees will have the right to remove any content that violates these Terms of Service or is deemed by Linknetic, in its sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
4.3 User Content Transmitted: Through the Service: Concerning the content or other materials you upload through the Service or share with other users or recipients (collectively, “User Content”), you represent and warrant that you own all right, title, and interest in and to such User Content, including, without limitation, all copyrights and rights of publicity contained therein, and that you have all required rights to post or transmit such content or other materials without violation of any third-party rights. By uploading any User Content you hereby grant and will grant Linknetic, its affiliated companies, and partners (including but not limited to Linknetic instructors, practitioners and other third parties providing instructional information through the Services, collectively “partners”) a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, display, upload, adapt, perform, publish, distribute (through multiple tiers of distribution and partnerships), store, modify and otherwise use and fully exploit your User Content in any media, form, medium, technology or distribution methods now known or later developed and for any purposes (commercial or otherwise).
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information relevant to the Service (“Submissions”), provided by you to Linknetic, its affiliated companies or partners are non-confidential and Linknetic, its affiliated companies, and partners will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You acknowledge and agree that Linknetic may preserve content and may also disclose content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Linknetic, its users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
4.4 Copyright Complaints: Linknetic respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify Linknetic of your infringement claim by email to email@example.com .
5. Third-Party WebsitesThe Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to other sites and resources on the Internet. Linknetic has no control over such sites and resources and Linknetic is not responsible for and does not endorse such sites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Linknetic will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, events, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Any dealings you have with third parties found while using the Service are between you and the third-party, and you agree that Linknetic is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
However, please remember that how Social Networking Services use, store and disclose your information is governed solely by the policies of such third parties, and Linknetic shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any third-party site or service that may be enabled within the Service.
Besides, Linknetic is not responsible for the accuracy, availability, or reliability of any information, content, goods, data, opinions, advice, or statements made available in connection with Social Networking Services. As such, Linknetic is not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Social Networking Services. Linknetic enables these features merely as a convenience and the integration or inclusion of such features does not imply an endorsement or recommendation.
7. Disclaimer of WarrantiesYOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN.
Linknetic MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
8. Limitation of LiabilityYOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Linknetic WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF Linknetic HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, RESULTING FROM (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL Linknetic’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID Linknetic IN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS, OR, IF GREATER, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE.
9. Binding Arbitration; Class Action WaiverYou and Linknetic agree that these Terms of Service affect interstate commerce and that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these arbitration provisions. This Section 10 is intended to be interpreted broadly and governs any disputes between us including but not limited to claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us or the Terms of Service or the Service, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory. The only disputes excluded from this broad prohibition are the litigation of certain intellectual property and small court claims, as provided below.
If you have any dispute with us, you agree that before taking any formal action, you will contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide a brief, written description of the dispute and your contact information (including your username, if your dispute relates to an account). Except for intellectual property and small claims court claims, the parties agree to use their best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question or disagreement directly through consultation and good faith negotiations shall be a condition to either party initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.